Democracy that Delivers #366: Association Frontiers Series – TÜRKONFED’s Earthquake Response in Turkey
“Crony State Capitalism” and Private-Sector Responses
Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation Annual Report 2022
Upcoming & Past Events
Book Launch: The Essential Handbook for Nonprofit Leaders
Shaping Investment Security Policy: A Guide for Business Associations
Leaping Ahead — Ukraine’s Talent and Business Ecosystem
Where We Work
Asia & the Pacific
Europe & Eurasia
Latin America & Caribbean
Middle East & North Africa
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) is a global organization that works to strengthen democracy and build competitive markets in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Working alongside local partners and tomorrow’s leaders, CIPE advances the voice of business in policy making, promotes opportunity, and develops resilient and inclusive economies. Areas of focus include democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption, trade facilitation, women’s economic empowerment, and youth initiatives. Over CIPE’s 40-year history, these initiatives have created opportunities for citizens in almost every country in the world. Many programs have become models for others to drive economic growth and raise public awareness. CIPE is currently active in more than 80 countries, including Ukraine, the Philippines, Colombia, Sudan, Egypt, and Yemen. A wide range of donors directly support these efforts. CIPE is a core institute of the National Endowment for Democracy, a non-profit affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and leader of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation.
Through dialogue, collective action, and collaboration with government and civil society, the private sector is helping to build the institutions that will allow democracy to flourish in Africa.
In Asia & the Pacific, CIPE works to promote democratic societies and private sector led economies, to strengthen civil society, and to cultivate public demand for good governance and political accountability.
The Europe and Eurasia Department at CIPE assists, enables, and supports partners to engage in public-private dialogue and cooperation among the private sector, government, and civil society.
CIPE’s Global programs help private sector bolster public confidence in the democratic and market institutions by reaffirming fundamental values, strengthening mechanisms of transparency and integrity, connecting networks of reformers, and exploring innovative responses to new challenges.
CIPE’s programs in Latin America and the Caribbean focus on addressing challenges in the region by mobilizing the private sector’s participation to strengthen democratic institutions and address key public policy issues related to corruption, citizen insecurity, and lack of economic opportunities.
With the exception of Tunisia, the hope and promise of the Arab Spring uprisings have given way to resurgent authoritarianism and violent conflict. Weak governance and inadequate economic opportunities fuel dissatisfaction, stoke unrest and add to the appeal of extremism.
Partner with Us
There are many ways to support our work, collaborate with CIPE, or become a CIPE Partner.Learn More
Receive Updates & Newsletters
Stay up to date on all the latest news, events, articles and announcements from CIPE.Learn More
What's On Twitter
- RT @CIPEMENA: Associations improve lives. Learn how by checking out this special edition of @CIPEglobal's Policy & Program Learning Dept.'s newsletter, written by MENA Deputy Regional Director Stephen Rosenlund. https://t.co/ugv9jMCqMn #AssociationFrontiers https://t.co/cPIkcwWH3Uby Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) on May 28, 2023 at 10:50 am
- RT @cepps: If you've been watching this space, you've seen firsthand the thoughtful panels and keynotes happening throughout the "Annual Learning Forum". Check out our entire line-up of esteemed speakers and stay tuned for recordings: https://t.co/XHyxrvoTnx #Learning4Democracy https://t.co/Z3a9YOW03Hby Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) on May 28, 2023 at 10:50 am
- RT @TransparencyMV: The Corporate Governance Transparency Index for SOEs was developed under the project “Maldives: Enhancing the Practice of Business Integrity” funded by the @CIPEglobal @CIPE_ACGC #MageyHissaa https://t.co/YRFncoVdtKby Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) on May 28, 2023 at 10:49 am
- Regarding best practices in investment screening design, @CIPE_EEA Program Director @jeffdlightfoot stressed that there’s a “necessity of an ongoing #publicprivatedialogue on these sets of issues… we are in a position to be proactive”. Watch here: https://t.co/1RZCfZK3pE https://t.co/2pOMNgBLXfby Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) on May 25, 2023 at 11:54 am
- When addressing matters of investment and security, Steffen Hindelang remarked, “There will always be some risk”. "It is a multi-layered exercise" for business associations to shape collective opinions and policy recommendations on investment screening measures & mechanisms. https://t.co/qX9aaEDjgiby Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) on May 25, 2023 at 9:48 am