With young people leading democratic reform efforts around the world, CIPE's youth programs empower and engage youth as the political and business leaders of tomorrow. For progress and reform to take hold, young people must play an active role in advancing democratic and market-oriented reform. Even though their engagement is vital in formulating effective public policy, youth are too often excluded from political and economic policymaking. Without institutional avenues for voicing their opinion, strikes and street protests become the only opportunity for young people to be heard.
CIPE works closely with its partners to provide young people around the world with the tools they need to become capable leaders, helping them to effectively shape their countries’ future. Through entrepreneurship initiatives and partnerships with civil society organizations CIPE programs create openings for youth engagement in the policymaking process and empower young people to be self-dependent and take initiative.
Youth Programs at CIPE
Through its programs and international partnerships, CIPE acts to empower youth in these areas:
- Educate youth on entrepreneurship, business management, and civic leadership.
- Provide youth with the necessary tools to become effective leaders and represent their own views.
- Equip business associations to engage youth populations in the policymaking process.
- Provide opportunities for youth to share their ideas regarding democratic and market-oriented reforms.
- Access to Information
- Business Association Development
- Combating Corruption
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- Corporate Governance
- Democratic Governance
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- South Asia