Claude G.B. Fontheim
Claude Fontheim advises global companies on corporate social responsibility and global public policy. He has over 30 years of experience in these fields and was among the first CSR practitioners. He serves on boards of directors or advisory boards of the following organizations:
- GlobalWorks Foundation, Co-Founder and Non-Executive Chairman
- GoodWeave International (human rights and child welfare NGO), Vice Chairman, Board of Directors
- Alliance to End Hunger, Executive Committee, Board of Directors
- Women Thrive Worldwide (women’s empowerment and development NGO), Board of Directors
- Rene Cassin Fellowship Program (human rights NGO), Board of Directors
- The NewDEAL (national organization of center-left state and local elected officials), Chairman, Governance Committee, Board of Directors
- InterAction (the leading association of development NGOs), Business Advisory Council
- US – Bangladesh Advisory Council, Board of Advisors
- University of Michigan – Michigan in Washington Program, Board of Advisors
Fontheim is a Senior Advisor to the Business Council for Global Development, LLC and non-executive Chairman of the Trade, Aid and Security Coalition.
He previously served on the President’s Advisory Committee on Trade Policy and Negotiations, the U.S. Trade Representative’s Trade Advisory Committee on Africa, and the State Department’s Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy. He was also Chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council’s Project on the Global Economy and International Trade.
He has published numerous articles, including on international trade, corporate social responsibility, and labor policy. These articles have appeared in Blueprint magazine, PR Week, various scholarly journals, and he authored the chapter on European telecommunications policy and regulation in the American Enterprise Institute series, “The United States Faces a United Europe,” and the concluding chapter of Trade Policy: The Lawyer’s Perspective of which he was co-editor.
He has served as an advisor on trade, economic and foreign policy to Presidential and Congressional campaigns.
Fontheim received his J.D., M.P.P., and B.A. from the University of Michigan. He was Managing Editor of Michigan’s international law publication.
- Access to Information
- Business Association Development
- Combating Corruption
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- Corporate Governance
- Democratic Governance
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- South Asia