Joining the Eurasian Economic Union: Perspectives from the Eurasian Business Community
Since its inception in 2015, the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) has sought to integrate the economies of Eurasia into a regional trade bloc to bolster intra-regional trade and enhance foreign investment. When in early 2020 Uzbekistan obtained the status of EAEU observer with the prospective of future membership, the Uzbek business community reached out to economic experts in EAEU member countries to learn about the economic and financial implications of EAEU accession on domestic firms, government policy, investment flows, and trade.
On October 13, 2020, CIPE, via its partner the American Chamber of Commerce in Uzbekistan, organized a virtual conference, in which economists from Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Russia shared key findings and country-specific perspectives of EAEU membership. In addition, experts from Uzbekistan assessed the local business community’s expectations on joining the EAEU. The event recording is available in both English and Russian.
Read the summary, research papers, and author bios from EAEU member states in English or Russian.
- Armenia and the Eurasian Economic Union by Vahagn Khachaturyan
Армения и Евразийский экономический союз
- Kazakhstan in the EAEU: Economic Cooperation and Financial and Economic Effects by Kassymkhan Kapparov and Akmaral Kamaliyeva
Казахстан в ЕАЭС: экономическое сотрудничество и финансово-экономические последствия
- An Analysis of the Impact of EAEU Accession on the Kyrgyz Republic by Kubanychbek Sagaliev
Кыргызская Республика: Анализ влияния вступления в ЕАЭС
- Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union by Vladislav Inozemtsev
Россия и Евразийский экономический союз
- Uzbekistan’s Accession to the Eurasian Economic Union: Advantages and Risks by Nishanbay Sirajiddinov, Umida Khaknazar, Ziyodullo Parpiev
Вступление Узбекистана в Евразийский экономический союз: преимущества и риски
- Uzbekistan and the Eurasian Economic Union: Survey Report by American Chamber of Commerce in Uzbekistan