So You Think You Understand Associations?
What Associations REALLY do to Pave the Road to Self-Reliance
During this conversation, panelists will discuss:
- Why and when associations choose to self-regulate
- How independent standards are more transparent, more efficient, and more effective than government regulation
- Why associations view government as the regulator of last resort – not the default go-to strategy
- How association-led governance are necessary tools in the fight against corruption,
- Why co-governance by associations is essential to the success of USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance
- Greta Kolher, Chief Globalization Officer, American Society of Association Executives
- Richard O’Sullivan, Principal, Change Management Solutions and civil society economist
- Lars Benson (moderator), Regional Director, African Division, Center for International Private Enterprise
In addition, representatives from several associations with independent governance programs will be available to answer questions on creating and managing independent regulation programs.
Center for International Private Enterprise
1211 Connecticut Ave N.W.