Mission and Background
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform.
- Foster institutions necessary to establish and sustain market-oriented democracies.
- Increase private sector participation in the democratic process.
- Increase support for and understanding of the freedoms, rights, and responsibilities essential to market-oriented democracies among government officials, businesspeople, media and the public.
- Improve governance through transparency and accountability in the public and private sectors.
- Strengthen freedom of association and private, voluntary business organizations.
- Promote an entrepreneurial culture and understanding of how markets work.
- Expand access to information necessary for sound entrepreneurial and policy decisions.
- Democratic Governance
- Access to Information
- Combating Corruption
- Business Association Development
- Corporate Governance
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- South Asia
- Southeast Europe
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean