The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Program Assistant, Latin America and the Caribbean
Reports to: Deputy Regional Director, Latin America and the Caribbean
Scope: This position is based in Washington D.C. This position is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Create and maintain a variety of program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically
- Work in close collaboration with LAC Deputy Regional Director (DRD) and other CIPE departments to ensure processing of payment requests, grant modifications, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking project reports, approvals and payments
- Correspond via email and phone with program partners to coordinate program development and track program progression
- Assist the LAC DRD in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and semi-annual reports, program proposals, articles and other documents for submission to donor agencies and CIPE internal and promotional use
- Contribute to CIPE’s communications efforts in the LAC region
- Contribute to an organization-wide culture of innovation and high performance
- Coordinate international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics for CIPE staff, consultants and program participants, including processing expense reports
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams.
- Prepare routine correspondence and mailings
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE and donor organization policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs or related field required
- Minimum 2 years of administrative office experience required
- Background in international affairs or Latin American affairs with an emphasis on political and economic issues and/or democracy development programs required
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills required
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish required; fluency in a third regional language (French or Portuguese) a plus
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop and monitor project budgets
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative to manage multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills, specifically working with MS-Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Adobe
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, English writing sample and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “LACPA-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating the writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.