The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include Enterprise Ecosystems, Democratic Governance, Business Advocacy, Anti-Corruption & Ethics and Trade.
Position: Program Associate, Asia
Reports To: Program Officer, Asia
CIPE is seeking a full-time, non-exempt Washington D.C. based Program Associate in the Asia department. As a part of a team reporting to the Program Officer this position is responsible for providing programmatic, administrative, and research support for a portfolio of projects and countries. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple detail-oriented tasks with limited supervision, have a demonstrable interest in economic development and democratic reform in Asia and the Pacific, and work well as part of a diverse team and within a dynamic international organization.
- Provide support for an assigned portfolio of projects and countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Create and maintain electronic and hard copies of program, financial, and contract files.
- Work in close collaboration with the Asia Program Officer and other CIPE departments, ensuring processing of payment requests, travel expense reports, documents for signature, and international travel arrangements are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Asia Program Officer in writing and compiling narrative and financial reports, proposals, contracts, and budgets.
- Conduct background research.
- Correspond with field personnel, partners, consultants, and other stakeholders to coordinate project implementation.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to achieve programmatic goals.
- Assist in managing team budgets and oversee various project budgets.
- Track political and economic developments in an assigned portfolio of countries.
- Contribute to CIPE’s communications efforts in the region.
- Contribute to an organizational culture of innovation, integrity and high performance.
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in one the following fields is required: International Relations, International Business, Economic Development, Finance, Political Science, or Public Policy.
- Candidate should have a minimum of two years’ experience in and understanding of the region, its business issues, and/or CIPE and its operations.
- Excellence in English composition, writing, and reporting.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; team orientation.
- Knowledge of and interest in economic and political affairs and women’s empowerment in Asia and the Pacific.
- Fluency in a relevant language preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to the region as needed.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, two writing samples, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject Asia PA – [Your last name]. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.