The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
CIPE’s communications work focuses on telling the stories of the people we support, the challenges they face, and the business-led solutions to social and economic problems that CIPE and partners develop and implement. The Media Coordinator position is a key role, as this person provides direct support to the senior management team and will be responsible for CIPE’s website, social media platforms, audio podcast production, and many internal communications tools.
- CIPE website administrator; responsible for coordination with owners of other CIPE domains and project-related websites.
- Collaborates with the web team, including developers and vendors, to support website updates.
- Conducts regular media monitoring (traditional and social).
- Develops and compiles monthly reports and web analytics to inform content creation; setting benchmarks and goals to track progress and growth.
- Manages social media calendar and content on all social media channels.
- Helps coordinate media responses for all platforms as needed with senior communications colleagues to ensure professionalism and message consistency.
- Engages with CIPE staff members in country offices to improve the coordination of content, including online and print communications.
- Primary audio podcast producer and digital media contact for CIPE.
- Media file management in CIPE databases.
- Events coordination assistance, including but not limited to video and audio equipment set up and operation and vendor management.
- A key player in the development of new intranet offering for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in strategic communications or media relations within the corporate, government, politics, non-profits, or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry.
- Experience with website administration and development, including WordPress and content entry, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Meltwater, Adobe products (including Premier and InDesign) and SEO.
- Basic photography and video editing skills, graphics design capabilities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, as well as data analysis (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.).
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including press releases, pitch materials, and social media.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and a customer service orientation, as well as coordination skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
- Articulate, well-organized and able to take the initiative and lead on projects as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Proven track record of contributing to results-oriented communications programs and digital media campaigns, as well as website development work.
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, two writing samples (two-page limit), salary history, clip reel and wireframe examples with your application to email@example.com subject MC – [Applicant’s last name]. Applications submitted without attachments will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.