The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) Fellow will focus on performing legal analysis of current and proposed anti-corruption legislation in emerging market countries identified by CIPE for a programmatic intervention. The Fellow will also play a key role in developing a benchmark establishing the necessary elements of anti-corruption laws or anti-corruption legal frameworks for countries considering relevant reforms.
Reports To: Program Officer, Anti-Corruption and Governance Center
Timeframe: All Fellows are expected to start by June 15, 2019 and commit a minimum of 20 and maximum of 40 hours per week. This position is unpaid; a transportation stipend is provided.
- Acquire working knowledge and skills in legal analysis and anti-corruption issues.
- Develop in-depth research analysis skills.
- Enhance ability to produce written materials for various platforms including databases, social media, and briefings.
- Network and establish professional contacts by attending events held by CIPE and other Washington, DC-based organizations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop a benchmark establishing the necessary elements of anti-corruption laws or anti-corruption legal frameworks for countries considering relevant reforms.
- Update and maintain resource materials for the team listservs and internal database.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful completion of one year of U.S. law school or an equivalent amount of work experience.
- Demonstrated interest in international issues related to democratic transitions and the role of market-oriented reform in promoting democratic development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required; proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic, Bahasa, Ukrainian, or Russian a plus.
- Experience conducting in-depth research.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (2-3 pages) on a topic related to corporate governance, corruption, or business ethics to email@example.com, using the following format for the subject line: [LAST NAME] – LAF