Description: CIPE’s Knowledge Management unit captures key lessons in democratic and market reform in order to enhance the effectiveness of CIPE’s future reform efforts. The program shares strategies, lessons learned, and case examples among CIPE’s partner network and a diverse range of governance reform leaders. The Knowledge Management intern will gain a deep understanding of CIPE work at the intersection of democracy and market reform and will be given opportunities to contribute to CIPE’s evolving knowledge of best practices and lessons learned. The intern will support the Knowledge Management unit in shaping global debates on enterprise ecosystems, business advocacy, democratic governance, and anti-corruption through research and writing.
Reports To: Director of Knowledge Manager and Assistant Program Officer for Knowledge Management
- Gain understanding of knowledge management at CIPE
- Develop familiarity with CIPE’s approach to democracy and market reform
- Enhance research, data analysis and communication skills
Research and tasks will include:
- Conduct research on topics related to policy monitoring, election debates, scorecards, surveys, data collection and more.
- Assist the team in knowledge mapping and developing a directory of expertise and lessons database
- Research and write blogs on topics related to democracy and market economy.
- Compile and coordinate news and other content for an international network on free enterprise and democracy.
- Attend events of interest in the Washington, DC area.
- Organize and manage content and update Knowledge Management infrastructure including thematic resource sheets, CIPE library, and the website.
- Simplify and maintain key Knowledge Management resources.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Enthusiastic about the role of private enterprise in international development, entrepreneurship, and democracy
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as with a team
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete projects on time as well as willingness to learn new concepts
- Preference will be given to graduate students, but we will consider undergraduate students with junior standing or above who are pursuing a major in social science, international studies, or public policy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (2-3 pages) to email@example.com, using the following format for the subject line: LAST NAME – KM.