The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Scope: This full-time, regular, non-exempt position is based in Washington, D.C. This position is responsible for providing administrative support in the Human Resources department.
- Schedule orientation sessions with other departments to ensure all new staff are familiarized with all departments of the organization.
- Initiate or respond to e-mail as appropriate for departmental business.
- Maintain confidential personnel files in accordance with legal requirements and ensure personnel manual files are complete, current and accurate.
- Coordinate staff business card orders for employees.
- Issue, track, and follow-up on the timely completion of performance evaluations and guides.
- Update, maintain, and distribute staff lists and directories.
- Initiate and coordinate job posting advertisements efforts such as CIPE web-site, internal office posting, specific job-related resources and updating staff on new job positions/and or hires.
- Schedule interviews and meetings for the Human Resources team while tracking and preparing in advance needs associated with such meetings or appointments.
- Follow up with job candidates as requested such as phone and/or website inquiries, applicant acceptance or decline letters.
- Assist with scheduling and planning of staff related events.
- Process bills and invoices for payment.
- Complete reference, criminal background, credit checks, and verify education.
- Processes recruitment and job advertisement invoices for payment and tracks recruiting costs.
- Assist Human Resources Generalist in implementing all employee events and staff training, to include the scheduling, announcing, and planning of these events.
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and regional teams.
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures and CIPE policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one-year experience in an HR or Office Administration department required.
- Two years working in a professional office environment is preferred.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive confidential HR information when applicable.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and business literacy.
- Strong team player with ability to develop and establish effective working relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values.
- Work experience in not-for-profit environment is preferred.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated; must have a proactive and creative problem-solving approach to resolve issues in a timely manner.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter and salary history to email@example.com; subject “HRC-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.