The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director, also provides support to the Directors of Congressional and Governmental Relations and Development and Partnerships
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of the Executive Director, consisting of the Executive Director, the Director of Congressional and Government Relations (DCGR) and the Director of Development and Partnerships (DDP).
- Schedule and coordinate appointments/meetings for Executive Director, DCGR and DDP.
- Maintain calendars of Executive Director, DCGR and DDP.
- Handle logistics for meetings and travel arrangements for ED, DCGR and DDP.
- Coordinate and schedule CIPE’s Executive Committee and full Board of Directors meetings and Board events, including preparation of Board books
- Maintain the Board of Directors webpage
- Prepare travel expense reports and other related expenses for ED, DCGR and DDP.
- Answer inquiries on routine matters and refers complex and issue specific matters to appropriate staff for handling.
- Act as a point of contact for the Executive Director and the Board.
- Assist in all facets of program operations as needed.
- Maintain staff and Board directories as needed
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Review all incoming correspondence of Executive Director and direct to appropriate staff.
- Working with the DDP, use tracking systems to follow notifications and postings relating to new and current donor opportunities.
Special Requirements: Ability to interface with all departments and proactively anticipate the needs of the Executive Director and Senior Management in a professional manner. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 2-3 years of administrative office experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage up and work closely with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
- Strong research skills and demonstrated interest in democratic development
- Strong coordination skills
- Articulate, well-organized and is able to take the initiative and lead on small projects as needed
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and internet research skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, two writing samples, and salary history to email@example.com subject EA – [Your last name]. No phone calls, please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.