The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Evaluation Assistant, Evaluation Unit
Reports to: Director of Evaluation
Scope: This position is based in Washington D.C. This position is responsible for providing evaluation and administrative support for monitoring and evaluation CIPE’s programs.
- Create and maintain a variety of program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically for the Evaluation Unit
- Work in close collaboration with Director of Evaluation and other CIPE departments to ensure processing of payment requests, grant modifications, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Coordinate meetings of evaluation staff with regional teams, the Monitoring and Evaluation Points of Contacts (M&E POCs).
- Coordinate staff timely response to deadlines for reporting on evaluation documents due to the evaluation team or in response to National Endowment for Democracy (NED) requirements or other donors’ policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking evaluation project reports, approvals and payments
- Correspond via email and phone with staff to coordinate program development and track evaluation program progress.
- Assist the Director of Evaluation in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and semi-annual reports, program proposals, articles and other documents for submission to donor agencies and CIPE internal and promotional use.
- Coordinate ongoing staff training and technical assistance on data collection, data entry and advanced reporting features.
- Support as needed in providing evaluation technical assistance (surveys, focus groups, data cleaning, and data analysis) to staff and partners.
- Contribute to an organization-wide culture of innovation and high performance
- Handle international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics
- Prepare routine correspondence and mailings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of administrative office or research experience highly desired.
- Background in program evaluation and international development or willing to learn.
- Background or knowledge of research skills (surveys, focus groups, qualitative methods) including working with statistical databases (e.g., SPSS, STATA or R) highly desired
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Strong writing and analysis skills, including in tabular and graphic data presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Financial skills and acumen preferred, particularly in budget creation and oversight or willing to learn.
- Computer skills (MS-Office; project management software; online research).
- Good team player and able to work collaboratively.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, writing sample, and salary history to email@example.com subject “EVALASST- [YOURLASTNAME]”. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.