The Europe and Eurasia team is currently expanding its anti-corruption compliance work in the Europe and Eurasia region. The Intern will assist the team with research and analysis of country conditions, business sector preparedness, and government actions in terms of anti-corruption compliance. The Intern will also identify and research both the internal (domestic) and external (international) drivers for anti-corruption compliance in each country.
Reports To: Program Officer, Eurasia
Timeframe: All interns are expected to start by June 15, 2019 and must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 and maximum of 40 hours per week. This position is unpaid; a transportation stipend is provided.
- Learn about the best international practices for corporate anti-corruption compliance, including the standards promoted by the World Bank, United Nations, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and other international organizations.
- Learn about the corporate governance and anti-corruption challenges for SMEs in each of the five countries in the portfolio.
- Develop analytical skills while reviewing organization’s approaches to anti-corruption.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research the domestic conditions (regulatory, legal, intuitional, etc.) for anti-corruption compliance in each of the five countries in the portfolio.
- Analysis of the external drivers for anti-corruption compliance, including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA), EU Association Agreements, and other applicable international agreements.
- Research of the level of preparedness of local SMEs in each of the five countries to adopt anti-corruption compliance standards.
- Research and analysis of the challenges to adopting anti-corruption compliance programs by SMEs in each country.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong research, analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to consolidate and synthesize large amounts of information and present in an organized and concise way.
- Familiarity with the Europe and Eurasia region’s economic and political environment.
- Basic understanding of corporate anti-corruption compliance requirements and international standards.
- Basic understanding of the business operating environment in the countries in the portfolio.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (2-3 pages) to email@example.com, using the following format for the subject line: LAST NAME – EURASIA.