The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Business Systems Analyst, IT Department
Reports to: IT Director, IT Department
Scope: This full-time, regular, non-exempt position is based in Washington, D.C. This position will support the business by gathering and interpreting data requests and liaising with CIPE’s business application vendor/s to test if functionality meets the necessary requirements. CIPE has a firm that provides remote support for IT issues but this firm frequently needs to work with the Business Systems Analyst on-site for more difficult end-user issues.
- Support business users with technical issues in collaboration with help desk support vendor.
- Manage Managed Service Provider’s day to day activities and monitor the ticketing queue.
- Onboard and train new CIPE employees on IT policies and procedures.
- Prepare workstations for new hires and perform occasional workstation refreshes between deployments.
- Manage and monitor hardware and software inventory.
- Manage the company’s loaner device program.
- Support conference room set up, ensuring stakeholders have effective technology for successful meetings.
- Manage a cybersecurity alert review.
- Participate in IT governance committee meetings.
- Gather and document requirements for IT initiatives by liaising with business stakeholders.
- Assist with end-user testing business application software: oversee the process and act as a technology tester.
- Create documentation for end-user training and support the development of IT policies and procedures.
- Support IT Director with technology initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- 2-4 years of experience working with information technology business users.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Azure, and Windows environment.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a customer service orientation with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills to resolve issues professionally and support stakeholder needs.
- Ability to manage small projects.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology and concepts into terms that are easily understood to all stakeholders; both technical and non-technical.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment based on changing business needs.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “BusSys-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.