The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Associate Program Officer, Europe and Eurasia
Reports to: Program Officer, Europe and Eurasia
Scope: CIPE is seeking a full-time, non-exempt Washington D.C. based Associate Program Officer. This position is responsible for providing programmatic and administrative support for CIPE’s programs in the Caucasus region and Moldova.
- Work in close collaboration with Europe and Eurasia Program Officer to coordinate project deliverables and activities for the Caucasus and Moldova portfolio; correspond via email and phone with program partners to track program progression.
- Monitor key events and trends related to CIPE Europe and Eurasia portfolio (including but not limited to anti-corruption, business advocacy, and women’s economic empowerment) and analyze how they create opportunities for advancing CIPE’s mission and goals.
- Assist the Program Officer (PO) in writing, reviewing, editing and preparing weekly and semi-annual reports, program proposals, articles and other documents for submission to donor agencies and CIPE internal and promotional use.
- Create and maintain a variety of program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both on paper and electronically.
- Collaborate with Europe and Eurasia PO and other CIPE departments to ensure processing of payment requests, grant modifications, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Contribute to CIPE’s communications efforts in the Europe and Eurasia region.
- Coordinate international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics for CIPE staff, consultants and program participants, including processing expense reports.
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams.
- Contribute to an organization-wide culture of innovation and high performance.
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE and donor organization policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in one the following fields is required: International Relations, International Business, Economic Development, Finance, Political Science, or Public Policy; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative or programmatic experience required; at least 2 years project management experience supporting international development programs preferred.
- Background in international affairs or Eurasian affairs with an emphasis on political and economic issues and/or democracy development programs required; background or experience in anti-corruption programming preferred.
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian or a regional language preferred.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop and monitor project budgets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative to manage multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Strong computer skills, specifically working with MS-Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Adobe.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, and English writing sample to email@example.com; subject “EEAPO-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating the writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.