The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) is looking for an anti-corruption compliance expert with knowledge of association or non-profit governance for a short-term consulting engagement. The objective is to develop and deliver a two-day training program to bolster implementation of anti-corruption and good governance measures in business associations and chambers of commerce. The training will be based on CIPE and the International Chamber of Commerce World Chambers Federation (ICC WCF) Anti-Corruption Principles for Business Associations and Chambers of Commerce (the “Principles”) currently under development. CIPE and ICC WCF are committed to promoting ethical business practices for business organizations around the world. The Principles provide guidance on good governance, business ethics and anti-corruption compliance for all business membership organizations regardless of location, size, or membership model. The consultant will work closely with CIPE’s Global Department staff to develop and pilot a two-day in-person training program to strengthen compliance with the Principles in two CIPE partner associations in emerging markets.
CIPE and ICC WCF work with business associations, confederations, and chambers of commerce in countries around the globe. These nonprofit associations often exist in contexts of widespread corruption that prevents a level playing field for the business community, including their enterprise members. Business associations can set a high standard of business integrity for their member enterprises by complying with these voluntary Principles. The Principles serve the following purpose:
- Provide a business case for implementing an anti-corruption compliance program in business membership organizations.
- Establish a minimum standard for policies, procedures, and practices that comprise an effective risk-based association compliance program.
- Offer guidance on ethical interactions with stakeholders such as with member enterprises, third parties, customers, and public officials.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop and deliver a two-day training curriculum for assisting business membership organizations with implementation of the Principles. The specific deliverables are as follows:
- A comprehensive agenda based on the outline below for a two-day training workshop on creating and strengthening a compliance program.
- Day 1 should focus primarily on the board members, highlight the business case for compliance, and provide an overview of the Principles.
- Day 2 should be more hands-on in focus and meant for staff responsible for implementing the compliance program. The training content should go into the details of the Principles and involve extensive discussion/participation to relate the Principles to the organization’s governance structure and day-to-day operations.
- Training materials in a format specified by CIPE (see below). CIPE will share the finalized Principles with the selected consultant.
- In-person training delivery or video conferencing train-the-trainer (TOT) session for local trainers to prepare them for the overseas pilot training for up to two CIPE partner organizations. Depending on the exact timing and location of the two training workshops and the consultant’s availability to travel, s/he will either be expected to deliver the training in person or equip local trainers identified by CIPE to do so. The training will be moderated and conducted in coordination with a CIPE staff member. Pilots likely to take place in Southeast Asia and East Africa (exact locations TBD). CIPE will cover travel costs including flights (in Economy class), and per diem and lodging within US State Department rates.
The training course should fit into a two-day workshop. The workshops will have approximately 8 participants each with different attendance on day 1 and 2. Day 1 should focus on the business case for anti-corruption compliance, an overview of the Principles, and be inclusive of members of the association’s board of directors. Day 2 should involve assessing the association’s compliance with the Principles for its officers and compliance personnel (if any), emphasize learning outcomes, and focus on how to build or improve upon the association’s compliance program.
The content should be interactive, applicable to attendees without a compliance background, and easily tailored to the specific needs of the organization where it is being piloted. The training structure should include the balanced elements of content delivery, attendee participation, and review of key points to solidify learning.
The consultant will submit the following training materials for CIPE’s review and acceptance:
- A comprehensive proposed agenda for the 2-day training workshop for review and comment by CIPE prior to the development of the full training plan.
- A summary PowerPoint presentation. While the training should be interactive, the PowerPoint is meant to provide a summary structure. The template will be provided by CIPE.
- A detailed training plan in Word document format that places PowerPoint content in the proposed training approach according to this template for each session of no more than 1.5 hour:
Session 1: Title
Session learning objectives for participants: At the end of this session, participants will become familiar X OR be able to do Y OR feel motivated to do Z
|Timing||What the facilitator does||Key learning points, messages, tips||Resources/prep needed|
|9:00-9:20||Content: [Describe the method of content delivery] OR
Participation: [Describe the nature of the interactive activity – discussion, game, etc.] OR
Review: [Describe how you will test the understanding of key points conveyed]
|[Summarize in bullet points]|| e.g. flip chart, projector
Insert the corresponding PowerPoint slide for reference
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Master’s degree (or above) in international development, law, compliance, public policy or related field;
- Prior experience developing and delivering in-person training modules and programs;
- Familiarity with business associations governance, compliance programs, and international anti-corruption laws and standards;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, analysis, and reporting (English);
- Willingess to train other trainers and/or travel to pilot the training at two of CIPE’s partner business organizations.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter (summarizing your expertise in curriculum development, anti-corruption compliance, and association governance). Please include your proposed fee for this assignment expressed as daily rate in USD*number of days (separate the time spent on developing materials and preparation from the time for the actual delivery of the training and TOT) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “AC Principles-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until this short-term consultancy is filled. Candidates will be notified if selected. No phone calls, please.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.