READ OUR COMPREHENSIVE REPORT ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP ECOSYSTEMS: Creating the Environment for Entrepreneurial Success
Entrepreneurship is the creative force of economic development. Entrepreneurs create new goods and services and develop innovative solutions. They also play a vital role in the development of democracy. Entrepreneurship expands opportunity, unleashes individual initiative, and cultivates independent citizens who have a stake in society and democratic governance. It plays a key role in building not just prosperous economies but democracies that deliver opportunity to their citizens.
In most countries, however, entrepreneurs still struggle with the basics of launching and growing their businesses because legal and institutional barriers to economic participation persist. Building a truly competitive entrepreneurship ecosystem requires an environment where businesses operate on a level playing field where rights are protected.
CIPE's programs around the world help entrepreneurs to become a driving force for reform, by working together and making their voices heard in the policymaking process through business associations and chambers of commerce.
Entrepreneurship Programs at CIPE
Through its programs and international partnerships, CIPE acts to build opportunity for entrepreneurs in these areas:
- Facilitate business environment reforms that lower the barriers to starting, operating, and growing a business.
- Equip business associations to serve their members’ needs and advocate for policies supportive of entrepreneurship.
- Educate youth on entrepreneurship, fundamentals of market economy, and civic leadership.
- Empower women through entrepreneurship and advocacy for women in business.
- Strengthen institutions such as property rights and rule of law.
- Access to Information
- Business Association Development
- Combating Corruption
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- Corporate Governance
- Democratic Governance
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- South Asia
Creating the Environment for Entrepreneurial Succes
This report, from an international group of experts, highlights the importance of fostering "entrepreneurship ecosystems" and how this can be accomplished.
Entrepreneurship education in Afghanistan
Democracy that Delivers for Entrepreneurs
An international conference held in Chicago, IL in April 2013.