Understanding the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Tunisia and Egypt
December 16, 2013
Article at a glance:
- With the exception of information on financial barriers to growth, there is a considerable dearth of theoretical and empirical knowledge of entrepreneurship in Egypt and Tunisia and throughout the MENA region.
- This research effort aims to produce empirical knowledge as well as critique the conceptualizations already developed for entrepreneurship in MENA and the developing world in general.
- Given the structural and institutional constraints in the region, a comprehensive concept of entrepreneurship should tackle the overall ecosystem within which individual entrepreneurs and enterprises operate and examine where they interact with the regulatory, legal, and institutional frameworks.
- Democratic Governance
- Access to Information
- Combating Corruption
- Business Association Development
- Corporate Governance
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- South Asia
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean