The Serbian Experience in Transition
May 30, 2013
Article at a glance
- Important lessons have emerged from Serbia’s experience transitioning to democracy, including the need to capitalize on the window of opportunity and concentrate political energy to maintain momentum.
- Steps in the economic transition include macroeconomic stabilization, price liberalization, foreign trade liberalization, and privatization.
- Because the transition was only semi-successful, lessons can also be learned from Serbia’s failures in transition.
- Democratic Governance
- Access to Information
- Combating Corruption
- Business Association Development
- Corporate Governance
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- South Asia
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean