Green Growth: A Market-based Opportunity
September 28, 2012
Article at a glance
- While a global agreement on how to advance green growth is not imminent, individual countries and companies recognize the benefits of making the economy more sustainable.
- Although economic growth and environmental protection are often perceived to be at odds, there are potential synergies between market approaches and environmental goals provided that a consensus on green growth is built through open public-private dialogue.
- Many firms in industrialized countries and emerging markets alike are already taking advantage of the win-win opportunities of green growth.
- Democratic Governance
- Access to Information
- Combating Corruption
- Business Association Development
- Corporate Governance
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- South Asia
- Southeast Europe
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean