Equipping Pakistani Business Associations for Effective Advocacy: Challenges and Lessons Learned
October 24, 2012
Article at a glance
- Years of political upheaval and the lack of freedom of association in Pakistan has left business associations and chambers of commerce unable to influence economic policy decisions.
- CIPE worked with chambers of commerce and business associations in order to strengthen their ability to advocate on behalf of private sector priorities.
- Although work remains, this program has made a positive increase in the capacity of non-executive staff members and women’s chambers, and in policy reform efforts.
- Access to Information
- Business Association Development
- Combating Corruption
- Corporate Citizenship (CSR)
- Corporate Governance
- Democratic Governance
- Informal Sector & Property Rights
- Legal & Regulatory Reform
- Middle East & North Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- South Asia