Join us for the #Storymakers2016 Twitter chat on May 4
On May 4, CIPE is partnering with Democracy International and Devex for TechSoup’s 24-hour, around-the-world #Storymakers2016 Twitter chat. We’ll dig into how civil societies are using traditional and emerging storytelling tools to empower individuals and shift democracy, governance and human rights conversations around the globe.
Join us for this one-hour live Twitter chat on May 4, 2016 at 4:00pm EST, 10:00 pm Johannesburg time.
#Storymakers2016 Twitter Chat: Storytelling: a tool for change makers in civil societies around the globe
Curious about this topic? Tune in by following along at #Storymakers2016 to hear from global development leaders and civil society experts to discuss these questions:
- What is working in #DemocracyRightsGovernance #communications + #storytelling? How are int’l orgs supporting #HumanRights advocacy + #CivilSociety?
- What is not working when #GlobalDev orgs try and support #CivilSociety or #HumanRights activists in developing countries or repressive regimes?
- What risks do activists and #CivilSociety organizations face when they utilize storytelling and other #comms tools?
- Can storytelling and #communications counter the trajectory of countries with closing democratic space, turbulent politics, or even conflict?
- How can int’l orgs, NGOs, CSOs, and activists overcome these challenges and improve #GlobalDev outcomes through better #storytelling?
Participants will include:
- CIPE — The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform.
- Democracy International — Democracy International (DI) promotes democracy, human rights, good governance, peace, and international development around the world.
- Devex — Devex is the media platform for the global development community. We connect & inform 700,000+ dev professionals worldwide.
Follow the organizations on social media: